Why do you need Marine Omega-3?
- Marine omega-3s including DHA and EPA are essential fatty acids that our body needs, but cannot produce itself, for a healthy heart, healthy eyes and a healthy brain. Research shows that taking marine omega 3 improves the cognitive functions in children and enhance learning capabilities. In addition, it is also beneficial for modulating the underlying mechanism of inflammation response, thus strengthening the immune system. It is difficult to get enough Omega3s from food, even with a healthy diet. It is therefore important to have marine Omega-3 supplementation in order to support good health.
- DHA is the scientific shorthand for docosahexaenoic acid. It is a fatty acid, nutrient that acts as building blocks for your children’s brain and eyes. Growing children need a lot of DHA to support healthy brain development. A deficiency in DHA may lead to learning difficulties, behavioral problems and weaker eye sight development.
- Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) is beneficial for many autoimmune and inflammatory disorders including arthritis, asthma, inflammatory bowel disease, systemic lupus erythematosus, and psoriasis.
- All kinds of handling involves a risk for oxygen exposure, and it takes very little oxygen to start the autoxidation reactions. Autoxidation is a self-propagating process and when it has started it is virtually impossible to stop it. Concentrated oils are therefore more oxidized than a triglyceride oil made from fresh material. Fish oil, which is oxidized, can lead to oxidative stress in the cell membranes and smell rancid.
- The fish oil in Smartfish is extracted within 1 hour from the time the fish is harvested. With Smartfish technology, the entire production process is designed to protect the oil towards oxygen, too high temperatures and other kinds of harsh processing. The EPA and DHA in the finished product is in triglyceride form and still in the same molecule as they were when they were still in the fish, ensuring that it stays fresh and non-oxidised.